On Jan. 12 we opened the doors to Ressler Motors Ice Rink at the Ice Barn adjacent to Haynes Pavilion, right in the heart of Bozeman. In addition to doubling refrigerated ice capacity, the Ice Barn has created more opportunities for participation and program development for ice enthusiasts of all ages and interests.
The convenience of having two rinks side-by-side has also provided more opportunities for the ice community to connect with one another. Curlers, figure skaters, and hockey players are learning more about each other. Youth are being mentored by more coaches, experienced athletes, and specialists. And families are expanding as they interact and share experiences with other parents, grandparents, and siblings.
So... Are two rinks better than one?
- Ask the public who have 35% more public skating opportunities.
- Ask the figure skaters who have more than 35% more ice time.
- Ask the curlers who now have reliable and reserved ice time, curling houses, a home bonspiel competition, and have doubled their membership.
- Ask the youth hockey players who have new home tournaments and added 60 minutes of ice time each week.
- Ask the women, over 40 year olds and never-ever hockey players who now have leagues of their own.
- Ask our neighboring restaurants, shops, and hotels who are welcoming more people through their doors to eat, shop and sleep.
We are so grateful for everyone who has contributed to make the second rink possible; we couldn't do this without you. And for those who have the capacity, we ask for continued support as we enter our next phase to insulate the Ice Barn. Insulation will give us the opportunity to further expand our ice season and improve both the user and spectator experience.
Consider a year-end gift to the Gallatin Ice Foundation to support the expansion of the Ice Barn - an incredible public asset that serves our community today, and will do so well into the future. Give today to support insulating the Ice Barn, because two rinks are better than one.